Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Surfacing

I have been cocooning. Again. I have been experiencing a rather difficult time in recent weeks. Who am I kidding? It hasn't really gotten any easier. After all, I am in a learning process. I am coming to the realization that I will never truly be free from this pain, I will simply learn to carry it differently.

We have experienced another transition in our house. We are in Back to School mode and all that comes with that territory. Change. A cycle of life some might say, but to those who are already experiencing life altering pain and suffering, it is added stress and can derail you from a path of functioning. Life suddenly takes more effort and more thought, constantly. The energy that is required of me just might not be available at all times. This is true even after all this time...

Thank you to each and every Prayer Warrior that has lifted us up in prayer. Thank you for the generous offerings of compassion and friendship, they continue to carry us through many dark nights.

Life is moving on and moving farther away from a time and a life where our family was complete on this earth. All I can say for now is that I have struggled deeply to keep my head above water. My endurance has been tested. Please forgive the lapse of phone calls, e-mails, and the MANY cancellations that have occurred as I try my best to embrace the pain that is present in my life. I strive each day to anchor my soul to the cross and to tune out the enemy that hides behind each and every corner hoping to gain my attention. I know in my heart that this is how I can survive.

I am surfacing.

2 comments:

Tara Dembowczyk said...

I'm praying for you tonight, my friend.

Lori O said...

Praying for you, Amy. May you continue to find strength in prayer and the love of friends and family.