Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Sunshine

It's Friday. Wahoo. We made it through another week. Have you ever had the experience when you repeat an activity, say the same day and time each week, that when that event rolls around, you wonder how it was that another whole week went by? That's me lately.

The day started off a little foggy but I am trying my best to find the sunshine right?

I managed to find a few moments to grab a few things at the store alone! Anyone else prefer shopping with no kiddos? Amen. I snagged a few things for the weeks ahead, oh how I love when that happens! I also had a chance to volunteer at school this morning. I love working with the kids and being present in the lives of my children. I value their school, their education, and their awesome teachers.

Fridays mean Family Movie Nights in our house. We are all just so tired by the end of the week and we love to snuggle up to watch a good movie together. I really look forward to this family time together. They will be grown up all too soon. I stopped by our local Redbox to rent a movie and low and behold the Redbox man was there servicing the machine. How amazing is that? Let me just say that he was drawing a small crowd of curious customers who wanted to see what the inside of that happy Redbox machine looked like and just how it worked on the inside. It was pretty cool! To top it off, I even scored a free movie. Here's hoping that I picked a good one!

I am even excited about what I am planning to make for dinner tonight. I can only hope that it lives up to my expectation. I actually made this meal for our monthly meal swap, intended to post that recipe here, and then got sidetracked with lots of other things on my plate. It's called Shrimp Destin and you can go here for the recipe and try it for yourself. One of my meal swap friends made her meal and served it over homemade pasta. She said it was delicious. The recipe says that you can serve it over fresh toasted french rolls, pasta, or even rice. I think we will go the route of pasta too, but mine will likely come from a box.

The day is ending up to be pretty sunny after all! I hope your day has sunny so far too! I am adding prayers to those that are near and dear to my heart that are going through hard times right now. I pray that the Rays of Sunshine that shine down on your path today, wherever you are, sustain you through your difficult days.

No comments: