Friday, March 2, 2012

Shadows

We've all been hooked on this song in recent days. The kids request it almost as much as I do. Click here for the link to hear the song, Shadows, written and recorded by David Crowder.

It is significant in the fact that there is such joy and such sadness all around us in almost every direction we look. That's life though... I continue to walk with such balance of having the two together at the same time. Sometimes it is easier than others.

The lesson in the song that speaks the clearest path to my heart...we remember
When shadows falls on us we will not fear, we will REMEMBER.

Here are the lyrics if you'd like to read as you listen. Don't forget to push pause on the music at the bottom of the screen before you link up with You Tube.

Life is full of light and shadow
O the joy and O the sorrow
O the sorrow

And yet will He bring
Dark to light
And yet will He bring
Day from night

When shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We remember the cost
We rest in Him
Shadow of the cross

The darkness wants to suck me in and make me forget from where I have come. I have been here before, I have been rescued from this place of fear a time or two before. My flesh and soul oppose one another at times, but I want to remember.

I want to remember this place of comfort and the feeling that no matter what-all has already been won. For me, for you, and for us all...

No comments: