Wednesday, December 3, 2008

450


Lots of ideas for this post have danced in my head for the last two days. Please bear with me as I give in a little to the exhaustion that has come as a result of an emotional two weeks. I just couldn't let another day go by without at least sharing a little of the details.

With all of your help, (drum roll please) we have now given 450 people a life changing gift! Wow!

The Red Cross estimated that there have been close to 150 units of blood donated in memory and honor of Jeremy. I think that's something to be proud of!


The bake sale was a huge success too! We raised almost $800.


The wreath pictured above was made by a very special friend. It was made using the famous blue bracelets and blue bows. It even has a special angel which you can't see too well from the photo, but it has Jeremy's birthstone in it. It is truly amazing don't you think? We love it and look forward to hanging it on our front door for all to see.

Lots more details and thankful thoughts to come. . . stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such amazing outpouring of help and support. Praise God! I was wanting to be able to give blood that day but was unable to make it. Please know I was praying for all of you that day!

As I read over your posts and think of how many people have been impacted by Jeremy, my heart still continues to hurt as I ask God the same question I'm sure you have millions of times. "Why did Jeremy have to die in order for so many to be given life? Couldn't there have been another way, Lord?"

Today as I pondered this question again, God brought to mind another mother who I'm sure asked the same question. As we enter into the Christmas season I think of Mary holding her precious baby in the manger. I think of her nursing him, bathing him, dressing him, and most of all loving him into life. I wonder, actually I'm sure, that she too, sat and cried, "Lord, why? Why does my precious baby boy have to die so that others may live?" We have the comfort and peace of knowing the answer to that as we have the precious word of God to teach us why. Maybe we don't know now and may not know while we are here on this earth, but I am convinced that someday, we will be given the answer. Someday we will know why so many precious souls had to die so that others might live. Life brings so much pain and sorrow...but oh the joy that comes along with it. The joy Mary must have felt to know that all her sins were blotted clean because of her precious baby boy. The joy she felt, once again when she saw him face to face. And the indescribable joy she must have felt when she looked around heaven in awe and wonder as her son said to her, "They are all here because of Me."
That you may celebrate Christmas knowing that all around the world there are lives that have been given a second chance and Jeremy says, "Mom, they are all here because of me." Peace be with you this Christmas season.

In His grip,
Julie in Catonsville