Monday, December 8, 2008

Angel Mail #3

Dear Jeremy,

Six months have gone by since the day you left this earth to be with Jesus. I told you that day to run along sweet boy, grab ahold of Jesus' hand and never let go. I also told you not to look back and worry about us. We'll meet again and get to spend eternity together. I remember that moment so well. I realize now, that holding you as you left your earthy body to go to your forever home was a gift, a gift that not every parent of a critically injured or ill child gets to have. I am thankful that I was able to hold you one last time and feel your little hand squeeze mine. I cherish every single moment spent with you.

I still have no worries about you sweet boy. I know that you are perfect in every way now. God has healed you from all the things that we could not heal here on earth.

I feel you here with us all the time. If you see my cry, it's because I miss you so very much and the distance between you and I seems so inmeasurable. My human heart still aches and searches for you. Not a moment goes by that I don't think of you. You taught so many people such valuable lessons. People are so kind to share with us all of the stories of how you have changed their lives. For that, we are grateful. I am so proud of you son. As time goes by I can see, more and more clearly, the purpose that God had for your life here on earth. I still can't help to wonder why and still wish that things had ended differently for you, but accept that God will explain it all to us someday. Patience is hard my child, it is so hard.

Love, will live on and never leave. You will be in my heart forever.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: