Saturday, October 24, 2009

Six Little Pumpkins




We took a trip to the Pumpkin farm to pick our pumpkins. The older kids miss going on school trips to the farm. So after school one day we decided to race the rain clouds and sneak in some pumpkin picking time. Each child picked their own pumpkin and carried it out of the patch. They decided to take one home for Jeremy too which melted my heart. On the way home from the patch we stopped by the cemetery. All in all, a bittersweet day. We are still a family of six even if it isn't always to visible to others around us.

1 comment:

Julie said...

My sweet friend,
I am so sorry it has been so long since I have posted on your blog. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers so much in the past few months...you were never forgotten. I have been going through a difficult journey of my own as my husband and I have separated and are at the beginning of a divorce. As you can imagine, the months leading up to this decision have been terribly painful and exhausting. I have been far from a good friend or supportive to anyone as I have found it a challenge to stand on my own two feet, to be quite honest. However, I knew the Lord would lead me back to the place of His grace and love, at the foot of His throne. My heart still aches and is so torn for all that my family has been through and will go through in the coming years. Yet in the midst of it all, I have a sense of peace. This must only come from the heart of a loving Savior who longs for me to rest in His embrace.

I know He longs for this for you as well. I think of you and pray for you often when I am in those places of struggle for I know how broken you are feeling. I have added a few songs to my own blog as well as a post explaining what has taken place these past few months. I hope you will have a chance to read it. Most importantly, I want you to listen to one of the songs that I added to my playlist. It's called "I loved you then" by 33 miles...a song I heard recently for the first time. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought of you and all that you have faced. I pray it brings you some comfort as it did to me.

Praying warm rays of sunshine over you.

Much love,
Julie