Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Adjusted

Life has been busy trying to acclimate to our new routines and schedules now that school is back in full swing and all of the extra curricular activities as well.

All is going well but it has been a little sticky along the way! I am hopeful that all will settle down in the next week or so. Our family doesn't do change all that well... Us highly sensitive people take longer than others to adjust to even minor things like sleep routines.

I forgot to mention one other thing last week that I love to use when I pack my kids lunches for school. I love to leave them little notes in their lunchboxes. I use them for encouragement, to remind them that I appreciate them and the hard work that are doing, and also JUST BECAUSE...I love them. My husband would be embarrassed if he knew that I was sharing this with you all, but I leave them in his lunch too!I have several different sets that I use and sometimes a little scrap piece of paper works too.

I'm sure there are tons of lunchbox notes readily available. They can be easily found on Etsy, Michaels,Hallmark, Barnes and Nobles, etc. I love the preprinted ones that are colorful and cute! They make my job so easy on a busy morning! These take only minutes to fill in and personalize. Here are some examples of the ones that we are currently using:


Lunchbox Love

Lunch Notes from Hallmark


And there are many more out there to find and use. Each note only takes a minute to write and hide in a lunchbox but the impact is huge! My kids saved many of their notes from years past and that tells me something! It matters when I take the time to show my love and encouragement to them!


A Giveaway! I have an extra set of this little notes to share with someone. If you are interested, leave me a comment. Winner will be announced on Friday!

1 comment:

mamcf0371 said...

Hi Amy,
Adjusting to the routine of the school year is a bit difficult for me too. Lots to do and just not enough time. Quality time with the family becomes even more treasured and valued since it seems to be in smaller doses with all of the activities going on. I too love the lunch notes. I've been putting them in Chloe's lunch box since Kindergarten and now will do the same with Liam. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas. I for one find them helpful. Meal swap for my group has been great and a life saver. We have six now in our group! Anyway, you've got lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for sharing where to get lunch notes as well. I love the one site you linked! Enjoy getting adjusted to all that comes with the fall!
Michele