Thursday, November 17, 2011

Oh So Grateful

We are grateful for many things here in our house. It is that attitude of gratitude that I am desperately trying to hold onto in these more painful of calendar days.

As Sara Mclachlan writes in her song Full of Grace, I feel like I am sinking and I am clawing for solid ground, I am being pulled down by the undertow... The waves are beginning to roll in and I see bigger ones in the horizon to come.

I was telling hubby tonight just how tired I am. It is emotionally draining doing this battle with grief on a regular basis. This time of year is especially hard.

There is also a place in me that is full of grace. This is the grace that sustains me when I feel as though I cannot keep it together. Grace for the moment. There have been the moments that I feel undone and then also the moments where I experience tender grace and gain strength to keep going to a place of peace. Some of you reading this are those that have been nudged to send a little encouragement my way in various ways in recent days. Thank you for following that nudge. Thank you for the outpouring of love that you have shown to me and my family.

I am grateful. I don't know what we would do without you all, each and every one of you.

To end with sunshine, I'll share a few of our other grateful moments from our family to yours.

I am grateful for my teacher. She makes learning cool. I really like the plays and projects that she creates for us to do.

I am grateful that I feel better.

I am grateful for nostalgic visits back to the good ole college days.

I am grateful that I could remember good times in my life...

I am grateful for my family amidst the daily challenges, all we are, we are!

I am grateful for yummy dinners.

I am grateful for friends and family who take care of us when we are in need.

I am grateful for yummy homemade cakes.

I am grateful for a heartlines from RM who called today. It made my day to hear from him. Of course what perfect timing!

I am grateful for a warm bed to sleep in.

All in all we have much to be thankful for...still. This list is just was uttered by my nears and dears tonight. The list continues on a daily basis. It doesn't take long to see the blessings in life waiting to be unwrapped. Even in the midst of great trial, there is always grace and love, evidence of how dearly loved I am, we are, and YOU are by our heavenly father. Amen.

No comments: