Friday, July 10, 2009

Birthdays



Our family celebrated a birthday this week.

One year later... the pain is so unbelievable.

There are no words to describe the range of emotions within my soul.

A birthday.

A celebration of life.

Life is a gift.

Each moment

Milestones

Wanting to make the day special for your child

Birthday bliss


Then this...

Someone important is missing from the celebration

Someone who will never have a birthday celebration...ever...at least not here on earth.

Missing his presence here with us to mark this milestone

Family traditions that are different now

Balloons that wander from our very hands despite every and all effort. "Mommy, it's okay, I guess Jeremy really wanted that balloon. He is with us Mommy."

Life is so very different now. I want so very much to just stay in the place of birthday bliss and not feel the pain that inevitably creeps in knowing that Jeremy is not here with us. The range of emotions is just so hard to deal with day after day, after day, after day.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I don't have many words for you this morning as I know your heart is just hurting. I am sad for your pain, for your loss, for the hole it has left in your life. Please take this message as a simple hug. A warm smile. A bit of sunshine in hopes of bringing a little comfort to you.

Praying for your heart today and always.

In His love,
Julie

Julie said...

Just wanted you to know you aren't the only one who "cocoons"! I have found that term defines so well what I do when I get deep into this depression. It's not always a bad thing. I wrote more about it on my blog posting today. Thanks for giving me such a good word to help people understand where I am right now and have a little more patience with me. Praying your heart is at peace today.

In His embrace,
Julie