Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jeremy's Garden








I thought I would quickly share a few photos of Jeremy's garden. It is growing nicely and there are a variety of sunflowers steadily growing. Sadly, the deer and other critters are enjoying the garden as well.

The stepping stone has a special place in the garden and has held up nicely. The kids made it earlier this summer with friends from our group. We were initially concerned that the photo would fade or that rain water and moisture would seep in, but so far, so good.

I can't wait to see them all in full bloom.

Have a sunny day!

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a beautiful garden for you to have as a reminder of the sunshine Jeremy brings to your heart. I am out of town this weekend on a little "escape" for myself. On my way up to NY I stopped at a rest stop in PA. I had been driving along thinking about all of the challenges I am facing right now and beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. Well....when I stopped at this spot, got out of my car, the rest stop was surrounded by Sunflower gardens! They were everywhere I turned. I stopped for a moment to look at them and appreciate the beautiful sunshine moment they brought to my heart. It was almost like Jeremy was there reminding me...keep facing the sun and everything will turn out right.

His legacy continues on. The lessons we are learning from him continue. He is not forgotten, Amy. Even when I never met him. I don't think I will ever be able to see a sunflower again and keep from thinking of him and of you. Thank you for sharing your heart. Thank you for sharing your sunshine. Thank you for letting us walk with you on this difficult journey. It is helping others, like me, remember that no matter what happens in life....there is glory on the other side.

Sunshine for you today!
Julie