Wednesday, March 23, 2011

40 plus...

If you've read my blog long enough, you know that when you see a number in the title, it usually has something to do with The Rays of Sunshine Foundation and it usually has something to do with a donation.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned the delight we experienced playing some miniature games that we got at Sonic.
The more we played the games, the more I got to thinking that these games would be perfect for the kids in the hospital. Truth be told, there is a little part of me that never stops thinking about that place. It is healing for me to think about the ways that I can make the next experience a little better for another child. I don't have letters after my name nor do I have plans to get them, so my support with love (with the help of many) will have to do for now.

I have mentioned before the breakdown that often occurs between my head and my body once one of these grand ideas pops into my head. I get a really good idea and then they often fizzle out...life happens. I dream big but often lack the time, talent, or money to see the idea to completion. Don't get me wrong, many have and continue to help support many wonderful ongoing projects that we have currently in the works such as the Tissue Fund, and of course the upcoming annual Mother's Day project. By the way...I have already started collecting my contribution to these bags and many others have too. Michaels and Target both have some lovely items available now that would be perfect for these bags. More info. about these bags and this project to follow soon. Anyway...

Many have encouraged me to share my ideas. You never know what will happen next. The foundation that we created has a wonderful vision, lots of heart, many hands ready and willing to serve, and certainly abounding talent shining through many wonderful folks. Time is relative and God will orchestrate and create the opportunities that He desires for this foundation to accomplish.

So I did just that a few weeks ago. I shared an idea about these little games. One dear friend, Michele, took that post about the Sonic games, and she ran with it. Boy did she run!! Michele spent her time and talents speaking to the kind folks at Gamewright. Michele's time and love secured an amazing donation from Gamewright. In the end, forty miniature games were donated by Gamewright and they also generously offered to sell us any additional games at wholesale pricing. Amazing. I really am grateful. Michele met me and my idea where I was without time or steam to get anything done about it and she ran...

One person:
reached hearts within one very large corporation and countless hearts were given the opportunity to love
forty children will receive a new game to play
forty too many children facing some really tough and scary times -an understatement by far!
forty children will have a momentary distraction from their reality
forty little faces will hopefully smile
forty families will be so grateful for the smiles on the faces of their dear children
forty opportunities to share a memory and a moment in time
forty little blessings in forty little boxes
Who knows where this will end?
I imagine it will be different for each little box and where it ends up.

Gamewright is willing to sell our foundation the full size versions of these games for around $5 each which is a steal since this games regularly sell for between $8 and $10 each. You can view the selection of games offered here on their website. Here I present you with the opportunity to be a part of this project too. Here is where even pennies can add up to big things. Donations in any amount will help our foundation get more of these games into the hands of the kids and families facing really tough times at the hospital. If you have a desire to participate in this project, please contact me through the comment section, e-mail, or by phone. Checks should be made payable to the Rays of Sunshine Foundation. Money collected will be used to purchase these games directly from Gamewright.

If you have any of these games, I'd love to hear about your experiences playing them with your family.

Thank you again Michele and Gamewright. What you have done is amazing and many will be blessed by your compassion and generosity.

I'd also like to say thanks to the many others who have contacted other corporations such as Kleenex on our behalf. I appreciate all efforts of love...ALL.

No comments: