Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March?

March? Really...where did February go already? Time is whizzing by and spring is awakening before my eyes.

The bulbs that we planted the last two seasons of fall have begun their journey to emerge from the ground. They are peeking through enough that I can already tell which variety of flower they will hopefully become. That is IF the deer or other forest animals don't discover them first.

I welcome this new season of spring. I feel better already.

I purchased my flip flops for the summer season this weekend. I know it seems crazy, but it is true folks, the retail world forces us to buy bathing suits and flip flops in February. You will learn the hard way if you don't, because in June when you have worked hard to get your figure into bathing suit shape, there won't be any bathing suits available. The fall line and winter coats will have emerged and the bathing suits will have been long gone. Anyway...back to the flip flops. It was instantaneous joy to just slide my feet into the flip flops. Funny how one simple thing can make me happy, even if for a moment.

I think I will wait to purchase the bathing suit. In the mean time what are you looking forward to this spring?

No comments: