Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tomato Salsa Chicken

The snow and ice did not prevent the Diva's from swapping meals last night. I was really looking forward to filling my freezer with five more meals again this month. I was looking forward to some girl time and perhaps even a yummy treat.

I did leave with five other meals. I was also feeling grateful for so much more than the meals to go in my freezer. I was ever so grateful for the gift of authentic friendships. These women are real. They do not live in glass houses high on hill. They bring their meals and are unafraid to open their souls to the vulnerability from deep within. The responses from the other Divas are shared from places of love, friendship, and compassion. I am grateful for each of these women and their trust in all of us to be able to share the burdens of their hearts . I can only hope that in some way these women left feeling a little lighter from being to unload some of the hurts and weights of the world with their friends. I am glad that I have the blessing of having real friends to love me unconditionally both when life is good and when it is not. I am also grateful for the opportunity to be a friend and love others in return as well. Maybe this is why our meals taste so good? Meal swap is so much more that swapping meals...

Here is the recipe for the Tomato Salsa Chicken meal that I made this month. It is yummy. It used to be a favorite in our house back in the newlywed stage of my life. I think this recipe got lost in my recipe file and it was a step back in time to find it the other day. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: