Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl

It is no surprise in our house that I am not a football fan. I can easily think of a million things that I would rather do than watch football on the television.

I do love the sense of community that sports can evoke a times. The team spirit and seeing everyone united about the same thing is wonderful.

What I do love is food and I especially like creating a menu that suits the occasion. I like having fun with food and trying out new

Today, I was inspired to make chili. A good friend has been telling me for awhile now about how much she loves to make white chicken chili. I'll admit that I was curious as I grew up eating more of a traditional version of chili. The next thing I knew, one of our Dinner Diva's made a White Chicken Chili that was really yummy. Recently an episode of Giada at Home was airing on the Food Network and guess what she made? Yep. White Chicken Chili. I was sold.

Here is the recipe. It is both a little different than I was expecting and delicious. I could not get my hands on Swiss chard so I ended up substituting Kale this time around. It was a hit with our family and I would definitely make it again. I did however make tacos as an alternative for the kids. One child was brave enough to try it at least and did like it. The other two preferred tacos tonight and that's okay too!

I made some cornbread that I bought at Target. I believe it was the Archer Farms brand and it was called Honey Cornbread. It too was delicious and I will admit to being a little picky about my cornbread. We ended up with a sweet, moist, cake- like consistency with this mix and that was a thumbs up in my book!

I do hope that everyone enjoyed the evening whether it was about the game, the time spent with folks that you care about, the food, or maybe all of the above.

No comments: