Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Love Bags 2011


It's been a few days but there is still heart shaped confetti dancing across my floor. As usual it is taking time to let the experience of Valentine's Day settle into my soul before I am ready to share it with the world.

I tearfully captured a picture of the contents of the Valentine's Day gift bags before they were delivered to the families who would receive them this year. This Mama's heart would still like nothing more than to deliver these bags and to have a little three year old running around with his Valentine's too. I guess one doesn't need Valentines in heaven.
I'll start with the left side back of the photo. In that adorable heart cellophane bag there were Lindt Chocolate Truffles, Hershey's Raspberry Hugs, and Dark Chocolate Cherry Three Muskateers. MMMmm who doesn't love chocolate? Each bag also contained Conversation Hearts and a granola bar, hand stamped with a heart sticker. How cute is that? A friend made a homemade from the heart Cupid Snack mix. There was also an individual box of chocolates, M&M's, Lifesavers, and mints.
Each bag also contained a water bottle, some red or pink drink mix pouches, a journal, a red pen, hand sanitizer, red Chapstick, nail polish, a hand stitched, heart filled, tissue pouch with tissues included, Wisp toothbrushes, Calming Lavender lotion, heart stickers, and most of all LOVE.
I am ever so grateful for the opportunity to deliver such love filled bags to families that are so near and dear to my heart,. These families were me.., not too long ago. I can relate to the emotions of their hearts and to their footsteps. I know that we cannot take their pain away but we can and will walk beside them to offer comfort and LOVE along the way.
Thank you for the support and the prayers to make this project possible. I could not do this alone nor would I want to. It has such deep meaning to me to know of the many people involved in this project that all worked together to make a difference in the hearts of many this Valentine's Day.
More to come later, but for now...much love, sunshine, and gratitude to all of you.

1 comment:

gail said...

Amy - you should be so very proud of the great things you are doing for so many others. Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of it. Already shopping for Mother's Days items - it is great fun!!