Friday, April 30, 2010

Easier Said than Done...But Trying

What follows is taken from the movie Mr. Magorium's Imporium. It happened to be on T.V. and we happened to watch it. Disclaimer. I do not have permission to use this on my blog, but will take a chance and use it anyway.

Mr. Edward Magorium:[to Molly, about dying] When King Lear dies in Act V, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He's written "He dies." That's all, nothing more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential work of dramatic literature is "He dies." It takes Shakespeare, a genius, to come up with "He dies." And yet every time I read those two words, I find myself overwhelmed with dysphoria. And I know it's only natural to be sad, but not because of the words "He dies." but because of the life we saw prior to the words.

Mr. Edward Magorium: I've lived all five of my acts, Mahoney, and I am not asking you to be happy that I must go. I'm only asking that you turn the page, continue reading... and let the next story begin. And if anyone asks what became of me, you relate my life in all its wonder, and end it with a simple and modest "He died."

My Dearest Jeremy,

Finding sunshine, well that is our way of turning the page, and continuing to read. It's just that sometimes, we don't want to turn the page. Sometimes, we just want to turn back to the beginning of the story and to stay there.

It's so very hard to imagine a story as good as the story we had with you in it.

I promise you that I will turn the page and keep reading. I am reading a little slow and at my own pace, but none the less, turning the pages. I know there are adventures waiting to be discovered, I just wish with all my might, that they included you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: