Monday, April 12, 2010

There Will Be a Day...

If you know me, you know how I am with my music! Ha!

I have been for absent from writing for awhile. The waves of grief have sucked me under again. I have learned some things during the last year so at least it wasn't unexpected this time. There are real moments of this life that carry you to another place. That's it...you can't go back to the way things once were. No matter how hard you try, you can't. It's like trying to place a square peg in a circle hole, it just won't fit. The confusion and hurt of the human Mama's heart and the believing soul are not matching up in perfect unison. I'm still holding on to the hope that this new life that I now lead can and will still be good (someday), it just won't ever be the same.

The last two weeks have held more ups and downs than one could count. I am thankful and grateful for the ups, for they have helped to balance us through the downs. But the downs...well they have been pretty darn low.

I am not sleeping again. The kids have also been home from school on Easter Break. Between the exhaustion and the crazy business of each day, there has been little reflection time. I have attempted to saturate my time lost in the joy captured in the eyes of my living children.

These are the lyrics from the latest song that I have been fixated on. The song as written by an artist with a great name, Jeremy Camp. I pray that these words may resonate in someone else's heart tonight. I went to a concert this winter and the lead singer said at the end of the night, it is just a song, unless you invite Jesus to be in relationship with you. Well folks when you do invite HIS presence in your life, it will NEVER BE THE SAME!

I'm holding on to HIM and the promise He has offered to me and to you. My pastor reminded me this Resurrection Sunday, that in the midst of great trials and tribulations of this world, God wants us to stand still and to allow His peace to surpass all understanding. He is right beside us in the midst of every problem we may face in this life. Many want to believe that if God is good, he will erase our problems and wipe away our hurt from this world. Well God is good all the time. In the midst of our problems, He offers us his peace and His love. God is with us each step of the way and has prepared an eternal home for us, where the pain of this world
will fade away.

There will be a day with No more tears. No more pain. No more fear. We'll see Jesus face to face! What a glorious image to imagine.

Go to the bottom to the playlist. Find the song and play it while you read the lyrics. May it bless your heart tonight.

There Will Be A Day Lyrics

I try to hold on to this world with everything I have
But I feel the weight of what it brings, and the hurt that trys to grab
The many trials that seem to never end, His word declares this truth,
that we will enter in this rest with wonders anew

But I hold on to this hope and the promise that He brings
That there will be a place with no more suffering

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face
But until that day, we’ll hold on to you always

I know the journey seems so long
You feel your walking on your own
But there has never been a step
Where you’ve walked out all alone

Troubled soul don’t lose your heart
Cause joy and peace he brings
And the beauty that’s in store
Outweighs the hurt of life’s sting

I can’t wait until that day where the very one I’ve lived for always will wipe away the sorrow that I’ve faced
To touch the scars that rescued me from a life of shame and misery this is why this is why I sing….

There will be a day with no more tears, no more pain, and no more fears
There will be a day when the burdens of this place, will be no more, we’ll see Jesus face to face

There will be a day, He’ll wipe away the stains, He’ll wipe away the tears, He’ll wipe away the tears…..there will be a day.


OH what a day that will be!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Another sleepless mom here. Two of my little ones have been up a lot tonight. In attempting to rock one back to sleep, yet too tired to remember the words to a song; I logged onto your blog for music....and then read your post.

All I can offer, Amy, is encouragement and prayer. The Lord is so much bigger than us; yet He cares so deeply for each one of us and all our problems...no matter how big or small. I find myself having to say over and over, "Jesus, I trust in you." He knows the bigger plan; and when I don't understand struggles in my life; I only know He can use even those crosses for building good virtue in me and bring others to Him. St. Teresa of Avila used to half-humorously say, "Lord, no wonder you have so few friends; see how you treat them?" Despite our hardships, we place our trust in Him. One day, when we see Him face to face; then we will know "why." Until then, keep on shining the His love. You are doing a great job transmitting His truth in your blog; using your pain for His glory. God love you. May His peace (if not rest) be yours.