Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Awe...

Well folks, I am in awe of the tremendous response so far to the Mother's Day Bags project again this year. They will surely be a blessing to each and every mom who will be receiving one this year on Mother's Day.

When I think of the moms who will spend Mother's Day at the hospital with their sick children, my heart just goes right back to that very moment in my life, when I too sat by the bedside of my child. At that time, I remember wishing to be anywhere but there, and facing the challenges that laid before us. I know what it will mean to these Moms to receive such a bag filled to the brim with goodies, but more importantly, how it will feel to know that someone cared about them and their child. This is a good thing.

I am excited to come home each day to look and see what has been donated in the blue bin on my porch or delivered in the mail. I have been humbled by the compassion, generosity, and creativity involved in the donations. There have been donations made by family, good friends, prayer warriors, and even from those I do not know. I have also received donations in memory of Moms who have passed away and in honor of special people in the world today. There has been food, toiletries, and even gifts home made from the heart. What an inspiration!

The Mother's Day project is an invitation to make a difference in the hearts of Moms will have heavy hearts this year. Will you join me? I assure you there is nothing too small... a prayer for these Moms and even well wishes do not cost a thing. In addition, there is a place for a single roll of mints, a small monetary donation, and even your time to help stuff and deliver bags. I also want to point out that each and every bag DOES NOT need to be identical. Follow your heart, and if it leads you to purchase one of something, then by all means know that it will bless the mom receiving it. For example, one book, one pair of pretty socks, one music CD, one gift card, one of whatever...again the possibilities are endless. I just wanted everyone to know that the donations didn't need to come in groups of 48 of the same item and for such beliefs to restrict anyone from participating. ALL donations are welcomed and appreciated.

Trust me, a little goes a long way. There is one week left. I am planning to deliver next Saturday,just before Mother's Day.

Be creative. Be inspired. Be forever changed.

Leave a comment if you have any questions or ideas to share. By the way, I think I fixed the technical difficulties with my computer. If you have attempted to contact me and still have not received a response, try again. Only this time, start with a fresh e-mail.

With a Grateful Heart,

No comments: