Friday, August 6, 2010

Simple Summer Joy

These friends sadly won't be sticking around for much longer. Their part of my world will be drawing to a close. The flip flops shown have been my favorite shoe of choice this summer. I adore flip flops anyway, but this was my favorite pair and to say that I have worn them out is an understatement. I have gorilla glued them and even tried super glue three times. It's sadly time to let them go.

My favorite lip gloss was in limited supply last year and I knew then that it wouldn't be long before it was discontinued all together. Hubby doesn't quite understand my sadness parting with my glossy friend. Anyone else out there able to relate with a discontinued beauty product? What am I to do? I've been searching but havent found anything close to this color...

Hydrangeas are hands down my favorite summer flower. These very blossoms pictured were a gift since my backyard hydrangea bush stopped producing blooms weeks ago and the deer are eating the other plants. We've had some rain recently and I guess the hydrangea bush decided to make an encore blooming. I am delighted to have these small vases one more time this summer before having to say good-bye until next year.

No comments: