Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Around Here

What's new in our house?

Well AROUND HERE...

Things have continued to be busy. When is it not with little ones?
Our youngest has remained sick for well over a week now. AHHHhhh

We are curled up snuggling for much of the days and nights.

Little one wants ALL of my attention ALL of the time.
I wouldn't have it any other way...but it is still hard sometimes.
Just being honest and of course not complaining.

My new eyes have taught me perspective. There really is far worse in the world.
We have even seen worse with our own eyes.
We can do this...

I still worry a little...okay a lot. It is hard to sleep even when I can sleep because I am worried about little one's ability to breathe properly. I worry that I won't hear him if he is in trouble.

We are real good friends with the nebulizer machine.

We are still checking in with the doctors pretty much daily.

We are on a rotating schedule of watching Surf's Up and Ice Age.
Makes me wonder what movies would have been Jeremy's favorites?
I am content to sit but cannot watch with full attention any longer.
I have chosen to read while snuggled up to the one who does like to watch these movies again, Again, and AGAIN. I have started to read and finished Heaven is For Real. I am still reading and enjoying One Thousand Gifts, and also half way through The Help.

The steamy shower in our big soaking tub has become a daily adventure of fun. My sanctuary has been taken over by plastic animals, various empty bottles and containers in various sizes to pour and play with, and Hot Wheels. Who knew these small cars would be such fun to zoom around the base of the tub?

We are playing lots of games when little one is feeling up to it. Someone is really getting good at Tic-Tac-Toe and Too Many Monkeys.

Little one won't let me out of his sight. Housework and other tasks will just have to wait...

Elsewhere in our house...

I have continued to enjoy the Bible study that I attend each week. It has filled me with more challenge than I had previously imagined but it is good to grow in these directions.

I am still focused on my word- Opportunity. Thinking a bit more clearly about the opportunities to grow from some of the more challenges areas of my life right now.

The lovely sounds of beginning and budding guitar players fills our quiet spaces.

Birthday plans for another family member is in the works.

We are so very proud of the wonderful spellers that we have in our house. The spell-a-thon was a big success again this year at our school and we are grateful for the family and friends that sponsored our kids. Way to go!!

Meal swap meets again next week. I am assigned beef and at the present time have no idea what I will be making.

I am so sleep deprived that I didn't realize that the season of Lent is beginning NOW. I thought for sure that it was coming in a few weeks. Also didn't realize, but none the less, am happy to now know that Daylight Savings time is THIS weekend. Hooray!!!

More and more signs of spring are popping up everyday. I am loving all of the yellow things that are filled with signs of new life all around our house. I love the way the yellow welcomes us home...and fills us with sunshine as we depart from our driveway too!

What's happening around your house?

1 comment:

MIchelle3girls said...

A book idea for you if you are looking for a great book for Moms is "Real Mom... Real Jesus" by Jill Savage. I love it. I've read it more than once which tells you how much it helps me. Chapters are just the right length.

Michelle