Friday, October 21, 2011

The Very Quiet Cricket-Or Not

A cricket has found a home it would behind our dishwasher. It's lovely music, while appreciated on a quiet evening streaming though the window screen or perhaps even to another cricket, is not so appreciated inside our home. This particular cricket had quite a song to sing, ALL NIGHT LONG! The cricket sang so loud and it's song echoes through our kitchen and right up the stairs to our bedroom. Oh my! We are sleep deprived this morning for sure! I am chuckling a bit as I am writing this because this cricket doesn't even seem to care that I have turned on the lights and am up and moving around this morning. Most crickets would be quiet now, not wanting to be found, discovered, and caught! It's almost as if it really has something to say!

Speaking of kitchens, we are looking to replace some of our appliances very soon. Do you love your refrigerator, stove, or dishwasher? If so, can you please share with me the make and model? I am feeling rather overwhelmed by all of the choices currently available and would appreciate a first hand review. I think we may have narrowed down our choices of refrigerators to some degree. So many choices...

The oven, well that is another story all together. Standard oven or convection? Convection you say, well then do you want a dual temperature oven? How often might one really use these conveniences? These options significantly alter the price quite a bit!

To say that all appliances run with the basic technology is understood, it's all the rest of the stuff that is overwhelming. Color choices, refrigerator styles, the sizes, the bells and whistles, which in my opinion, are just one more thing that will break and cause trouble. I prefer simplicity but also appreciate the modern technology that is available. AHHH. Some would think this process is fun. I am wishing to make a wise investment and to end up loving what is installed in my kitchen. I love to cook. I love spending time in my kitchen and I want these appliances to enhance that experience and not take away from my joy. I really don't want another thing that I just stubbornly have to learn to love.

Please help. Perhaps I will sleep more peacefully without the visions of appliances running through my mind, all dancing in time to the song played by my most favorite cricket. :)

No comments: