Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ready, Set, Go!

For weeks now there have been Mother's Day bag items delivered to our doorstep or to me personally while out and about! I can't even begin to describe how elated I am to see that there are those, like me, that hold this project close at heart and are already preparing for this year's project, even without my formal announcement.

To cut to the chase...Ready, Set, Go! The Mother's Day Bag Project 2012 is here!
I am thinking we need a catchier name? Any ideas???

This year is unique. A new Children's Center has been built and will open this month. How does this change our project? There are more patient beds in the new Children's Center. As in previous year's, I will leave the final number of bags delivered up to God. He has a plan and I will serve merely as His vessel to accomplish this mission for Him, that is of course alongside of all of you! That's because this has become a HUGE effort, ONLY made possible by the collective effort of so many folks out there!

So, let's rise up together and make this project happen again this year! Here are a few details to get us started...

1. 205 is the new total number of patient beds in the new Children's Center. Yes, you read that correctly, there could potentially be 205 mothers in just one of the hospitals in our very own community spending Mother's Day in the hospital with their child. Sadly, there are more...

2. A girl can dream... I am aiming to donate bags to the respite homes within our area that feed into that hospital as well. That number is an additional 58.

3. NEW GOAL = 268 bags!!!! Can we do it? Yes, WE CAN!!! LET'S DO IT!!!

4. This is not a conference gift bag. What does that mean? The bags do not need to be alike and their contents will not be compared to one another. This is an individual and personal gesture to a Mom who is spending Mother's Day in the hospital with her child. Donate whatever and anything that speaks to your heart. Any donation however small or large will work and collectively be a part of something so AMAZING! Monetary donations are also always appreciated in any amount as well. We have shoppers who are ready and willing to serve. Checks can be made payable to The Rays of Sunshine Foundation, LLC.
and can be mailed to this address:
Rays of Sunshine Foundation
9 Newburg Avenue
Suite 201
Catonsville, MD. 21228

What does serving in a project like this look like?
Serving here means giving of your time, talents, and treasures. Just like every recipient of the bag is unique and is in the midst of their own journey, that means every giver is unique too. It will mean something different to each and every person that chooses to particpate this year! I am hopeful to get the support of those faithful supporters that I have had in the past as well as some new help too! I can't help but to wonder of the nudgings of your heart that are whispered from above...where those nudges will lead us, who they will impact, and in what ways? My golly, I get goosebumps of these wonderings tonight. Any doubt that this is real? Ask me and I'll tell you some amazing stories of the many ways that so many others became the hands and feet of our Lord, angels on earth, that loved us through the most horrific time in our lives...
Need more details?
Are you gifted with prayer? Could you please keep this project in your prayers that we might fulfill the desires of our Lord and meet the needs of those individual Moms that receive these bags this year?
Are you interested in serving as my assistant to this project this year? I could really use some help in this leadership role this year...Contact me with questions or your interest in serving in this role.
Do you work at an office or have access to paper boxes?
We need lots of those! You can leave them on my porch or contact me for further information.
Would you be willing to purchase or donate funds to purchase the actual gift bags used for this year's project?
Do you have hours of your day that you could serve as a shopper or to help stuff the bags?
We will need both jobs filled by multiple individuals the week of April 30th -May 4th. Yes, I am a bit ahead of the game but there is glory in planning ahead of the game!
div>
Are you gifted at writing notes of encouragement? Have you considered writing a note of encouragement to one of the moms or more? Do you make cards that could be used by others to write these notes of encouragement?
Can you donate an item? Any item? Could you donate two or more of that same item? Ideas to follow in subsequent post...
I have seen with years of doing this project that the items placed within the bags, seem to round themselves out all on their own. For example, there are NEVER a overabundance of granola bars and an absence of something else. What does that mean? Follow the whisperings to your soul. What would bless you in a time of need? What are your favorite go to items on a hard day? Chances are that very same thing that came to your mind would bless someone else. Trust me, just go with it...Now act on that nudging!
Are there folks out there that you could share this project with? Do you know of any areas of business that might donate something to help with this project? Any creative ideas would be most appreciated.
A box will be on my porch to receive any gifts that you generously offer at this time.
Gifts of any kind can also be mailed to the above mentioned address. Any other questions? Please contact me or leave a comment.
I thank you and am grateful from the very bottom of my heart...
From one broken hearted Mom, on behalf of so many this year... let me assure you of this, it will matter, it will make a difference, no matter how you choose to participate this year, it will bring comfort to someone in need, and you will be a part of changing a human heart. Just do it!
Wanna know something else? You will be blessed in return...I promise!

No comments: