Monday, April 30, 2012

Welcome to OUR Workshop

Sometimes one little spark of kindness is all it takes to reignite the light of hope in a heart that's blinded by pain. -Barbara Johnson

You are cordially invited to our workshop.  Take a look at what has been happening here in recent days.  Thank you to each and every person that has been a part of this project to date and to those that are busy praying, shopping, baking, and preparing for a successful response in other creative ways. 




The donations are steadily streaming in and my hope is still to have enough bags for all of the Moms Children's Center in time for Mother's Day.  That being said there is still time for you to help!  I am still accepting donations of all kinds.  There is a lovely plum bin on my porch.  I am waiting a few more days to begin the mega stuffing process.  I am hoping to receive a few more of several items and I'm hoping that you can help me reach that goal.

I am appreciative of every single item that is generously donated.  I am often asked what do you need? I have listed the toiletries and comfort items before, but there are also some really creative ideas that come in each year.  Take a look...


I love these photo holders! :)

How cute are these cards?  There is a tea bag in the little basket on the front of the card and really sweet messages on the inside of the card!

These handwritten cards brought me and the team of ladies that were working with me today to tears.  They are so tender and will surely bless the hearts of those moms who receive them on Mother's Day.


I have been inspired by the stories that have been shared with me again this year. Stories of friends getting together to create bags and to bake homemade cookies.  Stories of kids wanting to be a part of this time with their mothers. Kids are making  things for the moms.  There have been offices that have pulled money and donations together to make a difference. There have been the small world -BIG GOD kind of stories. It has all been so very amazing and such a blessing. I have also been inspired by the outpouring of my faithful supporters who have helped me now all four years in a row, those that have come back for multiple years, and also for the new faces that have joined along this year!  I am so grateful.

If you are interested and wishing to help stuff bags this year, please be sure to email or comment here on this blog of your availability this week and in the earlier part of next week.  Please indicate your availability of  both dates and times.  I'll do my best to have multiple days where folks can help out and be a part of making a difference in the hearts of so many moms this year.

One more thing...I am also in need of a few more boxes...Can anyone help me get perhaps about five to six more?

Are you inspired?  What will you do with that inspiration?  Now is the time to act...
I'll be back with more updates later.

With a Grateful Heart,

No comments: