Friday, November 6, 2009

Ramblings

The kids are better. My anxiety and worry about the health of my living kids has just about returned to normal, my new normal. Life as we now know it has also returned to it's usual craziness. Hence my lack of blog posts. I have had many loads of laundry to catch up on...

In recent days there have several reminders of the fragility of life. I was once again reminded about the lesson of not taking even a moment for granted. A whole life can be changed in a split second.

These moments that we have are fleeting by and will pass all too soon, never to be seen again. It won't be like this very moment for long. The good moments are here to cherish and the bad ones, all of them, they will surely pass too.

I have been trapped, in a sense, trying to capture the good moments and hold on to them for dear life, all the while trying to let the bad ones pass quickly. It is a tricky task to say the least. A real balancing act that often leaves me quite exhausted.

I am at a loss for words tonight as I labyrinth through all too familiar territory and try to find my way once again. I will pray. It is there with my Lord, that I find renewed strength and peace.

I petition your prayers tonight. Will you pray for:

our PICU Family and medical team as they care for the special children entrusted to them.

the families of these special children, hold them close and give them comfort Lord

the PICU families that we bonded so deeply with during our own journey. They have each been heavy on my heart in recent days

the other grieving families that we have come to know

safe travel for so many. Friends, family, and even a friend "running" with her heart

healing and strength for many friends and family, there are so many Lord that are in need of your tender mercy Lord.

names are not important, the Lord knows each and every one

Amen


Wishing for a peaceful night's rest.

No comments: