Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekending






Well these photos should give you a pretty good idea of how we spent our weekend.

I am living at the edge of an abyss. If I get too close, the enemy zaps me in and is able to grab my attention. It is work, but I will choose to stay here,focus on the positive, and keep my attention where it belongs.

Our home has been deemed an infirmary for both people and stuffed friends whom we love.
I am thankful God embraced me and carried me through a time of anxiety and fear. I am thankful for the peaceful path he has taught me to follow instead. I may be a slow learner, but I'll get there eventually.

I am thankful for the unconditional love and support of family and friends.

I am thankful that my sister has had a fun visit with my parents. Perhaps, next time will be our time to play too. I am thankful she has found a few good surprises around the corners of life. Those are nice once in awhile.

I am thankful for the wonderful care given to us by our Pediatric Office. They are just the best.

I am thankful my husband was home to help carry the load of worry, work, childcare, and laundry. I don't know how single parents do it all.

I am thankful for the overall health of my kids, things seem to be improving and they could be so much worse.

I am thankful that I have been able to keep up with the laundry per se. Notice that I did not say it was all folded and put away neatly. Is laundry ever really done?

I am thankful for homemade soup, any kind, any day.

I am thankful for the warm air and sunshine in the middle of November. A pleasant surprise in itself. I am thankful to open the windows and awake my senses a bit to the smell, sounds, and sights, of fall.

I am thankful for the love my children showed to one another without prompting. I guess what we say and do really is being absorbed to some degree or other.
There were a few heartwarming moments to witness as they prayed on each other's behalf and made Get Well cards.

Here's hoping the virus flies out the windows today and leaves us alone!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I praise God for your heart of praise and worship. As I read this posting, ironically, the song that was playing on your list was "Blessed be the Name". I smiled as I listened to the lyrics of praise and worship and I know how hard it is to praise Him in midst of your storm, yet you do it so so well. Thank you for your ever positive outlook on life and words of encouragement. It continues to inspire me to look at life through the lens of the Lord.

I also noted your comment about single parents. I am in this category now for the first time of my life and let me tell you....I DON'T LIKE IT!!! LOL...can you tell I'm having a bit of a challenge adjusting to this new stage? I have found one thing to be so true....God's grace is sufficient for the very thing we need. I have always watched you from the outside and wondered the same thing about "how does she get through it?" However, it came to my attention through a bible study that I was working on, that God provides the grace we each need, pertinent to our situation. This grace that is sufficient for me, has made it possible for me to find joy in the challenge of single parenting. It has helped me to make lemonade out of lemons and find the positive aspects of this situation. Most importantly, it has helped me realize that God is so big He can even make some good come of this divorce. I'm not clear exactly all of the good that can come of this, but the one thing He has made clear to me is that it is never a good idea to try and stay together "for the sake of the kids". Happy healthy parents make happy healthy kids, and that is precisely what is resulting from my husband and I deciding to separate.

"Blessed be your name, on the road marked with suffering. Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be your name."

In His blessed name,
Julie