Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Be Thankful for Small Things

The devotion on my little calendar yesterday read:

Be thankful for small things!
XO God

I am grateful for so many things. I do think I have adopted a grateful heart attitude for the many ways I am blessed by God and others on a daily basis. I am grateful that I can see these blessings regularly. It really is very easy for some of these small blessings to go unnoticed.

To name one little thing...I am grateful for this little calendar devotion that sits on my kitchen table. An amazing author and illustrator, Chris Shea, has designed them in connection to some of her books that she has written. I have loved this little calendar for three years now. I have loved it myself, I have loved giving it as a gift for Christmas, and I have also loved saving the messages and mailing them to others when appropriate. There have been a few memorable and amazing experiences with this calendar and the devotions presented on particular days. I have been grateful and enjoyed it along the way. Is anyone else like me and starts looking for next year's calendars now? I am sad because I cannot find this little calendar devotion by this author anywhere. I am deeply afraid that it is no longer in production. It is silly to be so sad about a calendar but I have really enjoyed the sweet and tender messages each morning and I don't like to think of my mornings next year without it. I'll keep praying that I just haven't found it yet...maybe they are late in production this year. We'll see.

What little things are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

stacey said...

http://christophershea.net/calendar.html
I found this for you, hope this site helps and you can order the calender.
Thinking of you always.
Stacey Strouse and family