Friday, April 10, 2009

Mighty is the Power of the Cross

I am okay.

I have been absent for awhile for many reasons. My husband was away with friends for a few days and I was alone with the kids. The school schedule has changed for spring vacation. We are simply busier than normal with everyone home. We are facing tough times remembering all of the events that took place last year. My computer is broken. My husband has been working a lot of late hours. Life feels overwhelming right now. There isn't much down time.

All of the phone calls, messages, cards, e-mails, sunshine stuff, and prayers have been so encouraging. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! As I said, I am feeling overwhelmed and simply unable to respond properly to each one. Please know how deeply we appreciate all of your support. We still greatly need your love, support, and prayers.

I was trying to find a link to a video that someone had sent to me last year. It was a video shown from Mary's perspective as Jesus was crucified on the cross. It was very moving. I could not find it. I remember how it made me feel last year. I am feeling frustrated that I cannot find it. I feel as though I could understand Mary's heart from a mother's perspective. I've been thinking of her a lot lately. Many others have sent along similiar messages to me as well.

Music has always spoken to my heart and so it is no surprise that I will share another meaningful song tonight. It is by Chris Tomlin and the title is Mighty Is the Power of the Cross.
I have pasted the lyrics below. I love the whole song but certain parts speak to me so powerfully. I have been listening to it a lot these last few days, especially now with Easter approaching. These are the parts of the song that have touched me so deeply:

What can heal a wounded soul?
What can fill the emptiness?

Where the Lamb laid down His life to lift us from the fall,
Mighty is the Power of the Cross

By your wounds we are healed.

You can read the rest of the song if you choose.

Mighty Is the Power of the Cross by Chris Tomlin

What can take a dying man and raise him up to life again?
What can heal a wounded soul?
What can make us white as snow?
What can fill the emptiness?
What can mend our brokenness?Brokenness

[Chorus:]Mighty, awesome, wonderful
Is the holy cross
Where the Lamb laid down His life
To lift us from the fall
Mighty is the power of the cross

What restores our faith in God?
What reveals the Father's love?
What can lead the wayward home?
What can melt a heart of stone?
What can free the guilty ones
What can save and overcome?
Overcome

[Chorus]It's a miracle to me [2x]
And It's still a mystery [2x]
It's a miracle to me
The power of God
For those who believe
Mighty, awesome, wonderful
Is the holy cross
Where the Lamb laid down His life
To lift us from the fall

Mighty is .......Mighty is.......Mighty is the power of the cross
Thank You for the cross [2x]Love the cross [2x]So Powerful...... ohhhhh yeahhh
What can take a dying man?
And raise him up to life again?
Worship You Jesus
By your wounds we are healed
By your wounds we are saved
Mighty is the power of the cross [2x]Thank You Jesus for the Holy cross


Jesus gave his life for me. Jesus gave his life for you. He paid the ultimate price to free us from this broken world.

Jesus,
Thank you for the cross. By your wounds I will be healed.
Be near me Jesus.
Amen

No comments: