Sunday, November 8, 2009

Godinstances

Do you ever feel as though when life is trying to teach you a lesson, that you hear the same message over and over again wherever you go?

I was trying to get "lost" in a movie last night. It was on television last night and it sounded cute. A chic flic with romance and a real happy ending. Don't you just love those?

I was really engrossed in the movie. It was almost the end of the movie and one of the main characters was speaking. I know it was a movie and a fictional character and all but it sure seemed as though he was speaking directly to me. I had to push pause on the remote and say "Huh". Then I rewinded the movie to jot down what he was saying.

"We are here to bear witness to an end and a beginning. While we must carry on, we must be grateful to have been blessed with someone who has so ably guided us to where we are today. When there has been so much love and happiness for someone, it is natural to be reluctant to close such a wonderful chapter in our lives. Moving forward is rarely accomplished without considerable grief and sadness. While our sorrow may be profound, the clouds will clear and the sun will shine on us again. In that warm, bright light, we will find ourselves facing a glorious future. A future filled with exciting challenges and infinite possibilities in which the horizon will stretch out before us ribboned in the heavenly glow of our sunrises of tomorrow."
-Prince and Me

That sure seemed scripted just for me. It was certainly a reminder that I needed to hear. My grief IS profound. I get to grieve because I loved and was loved well.
Jeremy's lessons continue on even in his absence on this earth. I know in my hearts of hearts that he is happy and that he would certainly not want me to hurt like this and to be so sad. I just miss him and his place in our family terribly.

Lord,

I lay my profound grief at your feet and at the foot of the cross. I know that you have prepared me for this journey and have equipped me with all the tools that I need to complete this mission. Help strengthen me Lord to battle the enemy that fights daily to distract me from your loving embrace. There is nothing too big for you Lord, nothing that you can't take care of on my behalf. You have Jeremy safe in your loving care. His battle has been won. You have brought him home to live eternally with you. All is well for Jeremy. I pray Lord for your mercy and grace as I work harder to trust you completely with my own heart. Light the way, I am still following you Lord.

Amen

No comments: