Friday, November 20, 2009

Twinkles


While my oldest son and I were in the waiting room at the doctor's office, we read a chapter book to pass the time. The book mentioned a little boy that was eating Twinkies. My son asked me about them as he has never eaten one before.

Needless to say, I purchased a box and introduced them to my children. They loved them!

My youngest asked for a "Twinkle" from the pantry. We laughed at his own label for this timeless snack.

How long has it been since you had a "Twinkle" or another childhood favorite snack?

1 comment:

Julie said...

I think my extra belly and ever expanding hips answer that question, Amy...all too often!!! What a sweet and amusing story to add to your blog. I love how you include the little moments of joy from your life along with the challenges. It reassures me that you are able to enjoy the simple pleasures. Praise God for Twinkles! Life wouldn't be as yummy without them. The favorite in my house is "mokey cheese"...macaroni and cheese obviously! Kids are so great!

In His joy,
Julie