Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inspired

My husband said he was inspired...




Gift bags filled to the brim with goodies were delivered this week for the Dads in honor of Father's Day. I am filled with such joy knowing in some small way, we can make a difference in the heart of someone facing such pain. We aren't called to to take it away, we certainly would if we could, but we can't. We ARE called to LOVE one another in the sunshine and in the rain.
1 Peter 4:8-10 Above all, love each other deeply...9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
This is just one of many ways that we could choose to show love and compassion to others.






I was INSPIRED by a fellow blogger and grieving Mom to make something home made for the families staying at the respite house. Thanks for the idea Julie.
http://www.joyshope.com/2009/04/mason-jar-cupcakes.html


Have a peek at my version ...






...and My, Oh My, how very versatile they are indeed! A few lonely cupcakes were left over . My oldest child had his last baseball game of the season and a Coaches gift was needed. Here's the end result.






Our family had fun bringing this challenge to fruition in a few days. The kids were ever so helpful and I am delighted to spend time as a family helping others in need. It really doesn't get any better than that folks!


Thanks to my dear friend who offered her time to get the treats ready for delivery. It's amazing how she showed up just when I needed her the most. The ribbon and I were not the best of friends. Songs about rainbows tangled my thoughts, buckled my knees, and made my eyes misty. Yet the evening spent working side by side, wrapping jars, was one more provision along this journey. Help, love, and compassion were given even before I knew that I needed a Prayer Warrior to be present last night.


Spending the morning with the kids delivering "sunshine and love" to parents walking a road that I can relate to, was a privilege. A sure gift for everyone involved. I hope compassion grows in the hearts of my children and lasts a lifetime. It remains difficult to travel those familiar roads but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world... What part of this world do YOU have the power to change in big or small ways? Look into your heart and find love. May you find windows of opportunities to love one another and experience those random acts of kindness towards others. It is life changing, beginning with you, and then the ripple effect begins...

No comments: