Monday, June 14, 2010

Lighten Up With Lemonade Chicken

I thought I would lighten things up a little today. Not necessarily speaking about calories...

Last summer I was invited to be a part of a meal swap group. This group of ladies would plan to get together once a month to swap suppers made for busy families. I don't think I even needed to think about my decision about whether to participate, my answer was, Yes! I love being a part of this group. I cherish the friendships, savor each and every delicious meal, and I can't tell you how much easier dinner time is in our house.

Last night was our swap night. I took my camera with every intention of taking a picture of our group but I forgot once the conversations began. Sorry ladies, I'll have to make that attempt again next month.

This month I chose to make Lemonade Chicken. I've never had it before but it sounded scrumptious and like a perfect summer meal. Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try yourself.

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder

Assembly:
Place chicken in freezer bag.
Combine the lemonade, soy sauce and garlic powder and pour over the chicken.
Seal out air and freeze flat.

Serving Day:
Thaw completely.
Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Uncover. Spoon juices over chicken and cook another 10 minutes uncovered.
Enjoy with a salad and your favorite side!

If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear what you think.

This month in my freezer I have:
Royal Thai Thighs
Jambalaya
4 B's Grilled Pork Chops
Onion Soup Meat
and Basil Pork Chops with Caesar Penne Pasta

Looks like it is shaping up to be a very yummy month of meals!

No comments: