Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fully Stocked

Yesterday I delivered a TRUNK LOAD of tissues to the PICU.
I think I used about that many writing my last post...

Thank you to each and every person who made that donation possible. It is an amazing feeling to be able to do something positive in a place where there is so much pain and suffering. There are many, many tears shed within those walls every single day. Thanks to all of you, there will be a little bit of a softer place for those tears to land and hopefully the love and prayers attached to each and every pack will impact a hurting hurt too.

They loved the boxes of tissues decorated with blue bows and sunshine stickers. Truth be told, those simple details made me smile too! Thanks C. and friends!

My vehicle was emptied there at the hospital but my heart was FILLED again. Funny how that happens. I am grateful for that too and without your help, that gift to a grieving mother's heart would not be possible.

Please keep the children who are patients there and the amazing staff close in your prayers. I hear that things have been particularly tough there in recent weeks.

My shelves are empty and ready to be filled again. Will you help me? For those who may be new to this project, I collect donations of purse sized tissues. Any brand will do, Kleenex, Puffs, Trader Joes, or even the ones at the dollar stores. Trust me when I say that any of these tissues are 100X softer than the ones available in the hospital. For sanitary purposes, they must be the individual packs of tissues. They usually come in packs of three, eight, and also ten. Any amount will truly help! I am grateful for your continued support of this project. The staff at the PICU share with me all the time how grateful the parents in the PICU are too!

No comments: