Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fall Schedule

Our slow crawl into fall started yesterday. Our oldest is playing fall baseball and his first practice was last night. I couldn't help but to sigh with mixed emotion.

Sigh of happiness...
what a beautiful evening it was last night
my son loves baseball
what a great night to play baseball
great times are ahead watching him play ball
the structure and routine of what the school year brings, in most ways this structure and routine are good things

Sigh of letting go of summer...
summer is winding down
the busy fall schedule is upon us, not ahead, but here now
each week from here on out we will be adding to our schedule
it's going to get really busy
gone are the lazy days of summer and the lack of a busy schedule
gone will be the impromtu activities for the most part


I find myself sighing even as I write this post. Here comes fall!

No comments: