Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Special Delivery

Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting the hospital and respite house where our journey with Jeremy began. My family and I delivered the many gifts that were collected in memory of our precious baby this Christmas season. These gifts were unique in that they gave such warmth to our hearts to know that Jeremy was remembered by so many others at Christmas and also joy knowing that each and every gift would touch the hearts of special children and families at the hospital. These gifts would reach people who really needed them this holiday season. I feels good to help others. I hope that the love and prayers attached to each gift will be felt by the children and families who receive them.

I thank each and every person who donated money and/or gifts in Jeremy' memory to further support the wonderful programs in place at the hospital and respite house where other families can feel the love and compassion that they need during such difficult times. I say it all the time, but together, we truly are making a difference in the lives of so many people.

I can't help but to experience an emotional flashback whenever I travel down the roads even leading to the hospital, not to mention arriving at the entrance of the hospital, and also walking through the doors of the respite house. Many times I often catch myself taking the deepest breath imaginable and wishing with all of my heart that the past 19 months have really all been the worst nightmare of my life. I stand there wishing that someone will come to my side to inform me that Jeremy is still here and that his recovery efforts were good that day. It is so very painful to relive each and every time, that indeed I am living the worst nightmare of my life. Sadly, it is a nightmare that I will never awake from. I will live it, breath it, and pray through it, all the days of my life. It is a life journey to learn how to carry this love for my child and the grief over his death in the same place, my heart. These are mostly emotions that I wish I could forget and never have to relive again. I am thankful that these are "places where GRACES will soon be amazing" (More on this to come)

Having said that, I also remember the many, many, gestures of compassion that were shown to Jeremy and to us. I still remember today those feelings of being carried. I was carried through so many days and times when I felt as though I could not go on any farther. I do not think I would be standing as the person that I am today without those gestures of compassion from family, friends, and even strangers who became Prayer Warriors for Jeremy and who have continued on even today, for his family.

I am a changed person. I can only hope in some small way, to help someone else make it through the storm in their lives. Thank you for helping us to do just that for so many other PICU families. Our efforts are not only appreciated by those families, but our hearts are healing along the way too. For that and so much more, we are eternally GRATEFUL.

Many have asked and wondered...

We worked hard in 2009 to take the necessary legal steps to create an official foundation in Jeremy's memory. We have completed our part and now we are anxiously waiting for the news that his foundation is official in the eyes of the state. I can't wait! More news to hopefully come soon! Please join us in prayer that we may seek to find ways for Jeremy's foundation to support critically ill children and their families in ways that fulfill God's purpose for us and will bring glory to Him.


Planning ahead...last year, we took Valentine treat bags to the respite house. This was received well and I am hoping to repeat that activity again this year. Be thinking and praying about whether you might wish to participate. I'll post more information later, but in general hope to deliver Valentine themed treats of any kind to the families. There are 15 rooms all together so I am hoping to fill 15 bags.

No comments: