Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Who Knew?

Join me and my little guy as we share a little of our day with you. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Who knew that after several years of patiently waiting for this group of lilac trees to bloom, that I would be greeted by the very FIRST blossom of the year early this morning. A gift. I could hardly contain my excitement and ran down for a quick indulgence in the lovely scent of it's blossoming flowers.





Who knew the pair of sunglasses in the FREE Bin at a local Yard Sale would come in handy today?



Who knew the silly boy wearing those new sunglasses and I would have so much fun blowing bubbles?


Who knew the weather would be so nice today and give us time to pause to enjoy the wonder of spring in it's full glory?


Who knew I would have the opportunity to sit and enjoy the fruits of my labor gardening? Who knew that YELLOW Lantana, one of my most favorite plants, would be available for purchase at the school plant sale yesterday? Who knew a kind neighbor would turn out to be so very helpful in digging up stubborn roots to shrub bushes last night? Who knew it might look so beautiful today?

Who knew a little boy would delight in painting pots for upcoming gifts? SHHHhhh


Who knew an angel would decide to paint with us at the exact same time today? Who knew their brushstrokes would be so similar? Who knew that I could use that wink from heaven today?



Who knew the pots would turn out so beautiful?


Who knew this sweet soul would turn out to be so friendly? Who knew he would seek to greet each person that he should meet on the street with a warm "Hello!" quickly followed by "What are you doing?"


Who knew sunshine would literally fall out of a favorite catalog?


Who knew a salad made with some home grown arugula and herbs with freshly cooked salmon could taste so good? Who knew that croutons were considered a major food group in our house?


Who knew peonies could be so beautiful? Who knew that these very peonies would stay in our family's garden for generations and would be enjoyed for so many years? Who knew that my own peonies are a different color and aren't quite ready to bloom? Who knew that I could use a little sweet smelling and beautiful pick me up?


Who knew that it could be such fun to spin individual Cheerios across the table and then watch them fall to the floor. Who knew that Chocolate Cheerios would taste so good?

Who knew that a mini ice cream cone could be so delightful in the middle of the afternoon when everyone else is at work and school? There are some benefits to being home with Mom. I almost said to being the youngest...but ouch, he is not. (We really did eat healthy foods today-just didn't capture them all on camera.)

Who knew these handprints would tug on my heart strings today? Who knew that the new I GET TO attitude helps me as I am learning to love this new life that is mine. These handprints are not dirt on the walls for me to clean. These handprints are a reminder of the little hands who left them here for me to see. Oh what I wouldn't give to see Jeremy's little handprints on the walls today. While these handprints, left by one of Jeremy's siblings, remain here on the wall, the little guy is leaving many more memories in my heart to last forever. Who knew this I GET TO attitude would be so life altering? Seriously try I GET To in place of I HAVE TO in any circumstance. It changes your perspective.

Who knew that the simple things in life really are grand? Who knew it would feel so good to really know that I am blessed despite the pain in my heart. Who knew that I would EVER learn to carry and balance the joy and pain together at the same time? All praise and glory be to God! Oddly enough, I did not read this calendar devotional until late this afternoon, which is very unusual for me. Imagine my delight when I read what it said. I just had to include it on this post, it was too perfect.


Who knew that as this very post was in process, that I would receive tragic news that would solidify these very thoughts even more and take them to a deeper level. I would hear news that makes one ponder how to live each day to the fullest, for all we have is this very moment. This moment to live and this moment to use wisely.

Life is short. Stay in the sunshine!

2 comments:

mamcf0371 said...

Dear Amy,

What a powerful, delightful and uplifting message! Thanks for sharing the beautiful message and pictures. Reading this post has changed my perspective on how I will forge ahead in this glorious day! Thank you!

Michele

Sandy said...

What a wonderful day, Amy! I love your "get to" attitude and need to remember it more when I'm feeling overwhelmed with life:) Thanks for the reminder and sharing your day. Happy Mother's Day too! Look forward to hearing about the Mother's day bags!