Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baskets and Pantries Full of Gratefulness



I am humbled again.

I am grateful for the numerous snack and pantry items that were donated this past week. Today I delivered two very full snack baskets that were beautifully decorated and arranged. I noticed throughout the morning that items were already beginning to quickly disappear.

I also filled the various pantries with the generous supply of easy to prepare meals that were donated as well.

In the process of stocking those shelves and filling those baskets I realized that that it was I that was filled. I was filled with a gift of peace knowing that together we are truly making a difference to someone, maybe a few someones. It feels good to spread sunshine. It is healing for me to do something to change the world that I see.

I was reminded of yet another quote that I hold dear to my heart.
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." ~James Barrie~

I thank all those who participated through prayer, donations, and financial support. I also appreciated the help organizing the baskets. I have supplies to keep it going for the next few weeks but would love to keep it going longer. If you missed us this time or would like to help out again, please feel free to participate whenever you can. I am hoping to refill the baskets weekly. As always, every little bit helps and together adds up to a big impact on the hearts of others. May your heart feel filled tonight knowing that you made a difference in the lives of many families.

Praying that each of us can find a place within our hearts where we take nothing for granted. Life is so fragile.

No comments: