Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fauxtisserie Chicken

Now this is a recipe I have needed for awhile now. It seems like a perfect one for those busy nights and also one that lends itself to creative leftovers or helping to get the hard part of dinner preparations done ahead of time. Check this recipe out for Fauxtisserie Chicken. My mom shared a cookbook with me that she had checked out of the library. We both tend to check out a lot of cookbooks from the library. When I get to the point that I simply drool over each and every recipe, it is time to buy the cookbook. However, I realized that there was a blog that was mentioned in the cookbook that was also written by the authors of this cookbook. I think I'll check out their blog for awhile and see if that will hold me over or if I really need to buy the cookbook. Be warned there seem to be a lot of yummy recipes listed on this website and on this blog as well.

I made this recipe for our monthly meal swap. I made a slight variation of the recipe that I linked to this post. I simply used a whole chicken,gave it a good rinse, then patted it dry with paper towels. I loosened the skin all over the chicken and then stuffed three tablespoons of cilantro and 4 cloves of garlic under the loosened skin. I then made a dry rub of 1 1/2 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and 1 teaspoon of season salt and applied that all over the outside of the chicken. The recipe then calls for the juice of one lime to be squeezed all over the outside of the chicken and then for the lime halves to be baked inside the cavity of the chicken during the cooking time in the crock pot.

I definitely think this recipe is a keeper and will be used often in our house.

No comments: