Sunday, June 12, 2011

Summer Reading

It's no secret that I LOVE to read. I have been itching for a good story to sink into for awhile now. I finally had the oppotunity to read The Help a few months ago and enjoyed every word, except the ending. I didn't want to finish reading the story. You see while I was enjoying the story so much, the ending snuck up on me and I wasn't prepared for it to end. Perhaps it may have had something to do with the fact that the majority of this book was read late at night or in the wee hours of the morning. This winter I gave up sleep in exchange for giving my son his treatments for his asthma. After the treaments I was either unable to fall asleep right away or I was filled with a wee bit of Mama's worry and couldn't sleep. The moments passed a little more peacefully with a good book in hand...

So here I am a few months later and I am itching for another good book to read. A few summers back you may remember I had asked for your suggestions but also listed several criteria to follow. I was fragile.

Fast forward three years...I am still fragile. However, I have lightened up a little on my reading criteria. I have recently picked up a few books that I thought I would like but ended up not liking them at all. It was painful to do but I actually returned them to the library without finishing them.

I think I may have finally found a book that I will enjoy. Sweet joy...Simple Joy...

One my nightstand at the present time:
Folly Beach by Karen White and
The Fitting Room by Kelly Minter

What is on your nightstand? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, please share!

No comments: