Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Summer List

Our summer list is now complete! We partially made the list early this month once school ended. We've been adding to it a little since then but I think it is now complete.

We've been operating by these lists as a family for awhile now. I won't go into the details of how we started using them right now... I will say that lists like this work really well when you have really different personalities, strong ones at that, in one family. We have been successful at understanding what is really important to each individual in our family. We each have a say in what matters to us individually and we are more accepting of things if that certain something is important to someone else. It's a winning plan for us...for now at least.

An added plus is that I love lists and being organized. I am learning to be less structured and more flexible with planning, but I still think having a framework to work within is really important. A loose plan if you will.

I'm looking forward to checking each activity off one by one as we go through the summer. We have some great things on our list. Here's hoping it is a NOT SO BUMMER SUMMER for our family.

Do you have a summer list? If so, what is on your list?

No comments: