Wednesday, January 14, 2009

snow plows and sunshine

I was a little down today and tears were flowing pretty steadily. It doesn't really take much these days.

I was driving my daughter home from school and I couldn't help but to notice this huge gigantic snow plow to my left stopped at a traffic light. Funny thing was, there was no snow on the ground today. In fact there isn't even any snow in the forecast. It is certainly cold enough for snow but there is none to be found, at least not here anyway. What I saw next made me smile. There was a bungee cord strapped to the front of the plow. A very large yellow Care Bear was strapped to the front of the plow. You guessed it, there was a huge sunshine on his belly. You don't see that every day!

Came home... tears still flowing intermittently. Went to the mailbox and was delivered two very sweet and thoughtful messages. The timing was perfect, another dose of sunshine just when I needed it.

Called one friend to thank her for the generosity shown to my family. Oldest due home from school any minute... walked to the front door to check. I saw the most amazing thing. Coming down the hill and now facing me straight on was that very same snow plow! The same yellow Care Bear with a sunshine still on his belly. No snow on my street, just sunshine!!!

Okay Jeremy! Mommy will smile today...


Hope you can find a little sunshine tonight too.

No comments: