Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jeremy's Birthday Dinners

My monthly meal swap is tomorrow. I was assigned the Wild Card this month which means that I had the freedom to make whatever meal I wanted. This month I will be contributing a favorite family meal since I am all about comfort at this time in my life. It is a recipe that belongs to a special Aunt and I am so grateful that she shared it with my family and now yours too! You're the best Aunt Juney! I also happened to have some of the ingredients in my pantry and it is super easy to make. I really needed easy this month. I think I made a good choice this month and I hope everyone else agrees.

My Dinner Diva friends also surprised me with a sweet idea to help celebrate Jeremy's birthday. They decided to each make one extra meal this month and donate them to the Children's House, the respite home, that is near and dear to me. I thought it was a wonderful idea and I am grateful to have such amazing friends that have been by my side since the very beginning of Jeremy's story. Thank you for loving me and my family and for always standing up to do more, to share that love with others in need, in honor of Jeremy. It means more than you will ever know. We will never really know the ripple effect of this generosity and compassion for others.

Here is the recipe that I simply call Aunt Juney's Chicken:

Ingredients:
1 small bottle of Wishbone Russian Dressing
1 envelope of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 8 ounce jar of Apricot preserves
1/2 cup of walnuts chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cups of raisins

Mix ingredients together and pour over chicken. My favorite chicken to use in this recipe is boneless skinless thighs but it would work well with any chicken parts on the bone too. I use about about 1 1/2 lbs of chicken in each recipe. I portioned out about 2 thighs per person.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about one hour and fifteen minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. We like to serve the dish over warm rice. A nice salad or other green vegetable would compliment the meal nicely. Enjoy.

No comments: