Saturday, April 23, 2011

Rolling With It...

Plans change. It is a fact of life every day. The kids have been off from school for spring break. It has been yet another time when I have really had to let go of my control over life and realize that things don't always go according to plan.

Way back when we were scribbling the days off from school on the new school calendar, we had thought it would be a great time to scoot off to the beach.
Fast forward many months and into the thick of our lives, and it turned out not be the best time to scoot off to the beach afterall.

The lessons of life come and they go...While I talk the talk, do I walk the walk?
I have definately been disappointed about the way our week has turned out. In the usual pattern of my life I have worn myself out emotionally trying to keep proper perspective and balancing that in some way it is probably normal to feel disappointed. My new mantra " There are worse things in life than...." but am sad that we are here and not digging our toes in the sand.

I am guilty of allowing the "comparing to others" habit settle into my thoughts. Those are never good. In the fruit basket, we are all different and there's no point to comparing apples to oranges. They will come up different every time.

The road we are currently traveling on is painful and evoking lots of emotion in that every where we turn, we see reminders of Jeremy, what once was, and even worse, what could have been. I guess it is just that time of year. The only difference this year is that I have finally given in the fact that fighting and dragging my feet wont' keep those emotions away. I have learned to roll with it, and to just simply embrace the pain that is here. It is our life...

This too shall pass.

In the words of a wise soul, Andrew Murray, written way back in the year 1895. The truth of his words still inspires and gives comfort to the souls of today.

In time of trouble, say, "First he brought me here. It is by His will I am in this strait place; in that I will rest." Next, "He will keep me here in His love, and give me grace in this trial to behave as His child." Then say, "He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me lessons He intends me to learn, and working in me the grace He means to bestow." And last say, "In His good time He can bring me out again. How and when, He knows." Therefore, I say, "I am here (1) by God's appointment, (2)in His keeping, (3)under His training, (4) for His time."

No comments: