Friday, May 6, 2011

222



I sit here at the computer still in awe tonight. My heart is filled with such gratitude for all of you and what has been accomplished. Amazing things have happened these last few weeks leading up to today and even more amazing things will happen this weekend.

222 Mother's Day bags were filled this year!

There are 182 pediatric beds in the Children's Center.

199 bags made their way to the hospital this year.

There are enough bags so that every mom in the Children's Center will get a bag this year. There are a few extra for the staff to dispense at their discretion. Maybe the ER will have a few moms that could use some sunshine. Maybe a mom will be discharged but could use a little love...I am trusting they will get where they need to go.

There are 15 rooms in the respite facility where we stayed a few years ago. These moms will be receiving bags as well. One extra bag was given here for same reasons.

There are 7 apartments housing families here for long term treatment.
These moms will be receiving their bags this weekend as well.

222!

Many prayed.
Many donated time, talents, and treasures for these bags.
Many hands stuffed these bags.
Many hands transported them in various ways to get them into the hands of these Moms.
Many hearts have been profoundly touched already, including mine.
Many hearts have loved these moms who are facing tough times.
Many hearts will hopefully be cheered by the kindness and love of strangers.

Can you just close your eyes and imagine every single mom in the Children's Center holding one of these bags in their hands on Mother's Day? What a beautiful image.
It's an image that causes tears of joy to stream to flow down my cheeks. This image will soften the pain in my heart as I face Mother's Day without one of my precious children here on earth. I pray this image also softens the pain in the hearts of my dear friends and grieving mama's who have walked this journey with me. I pray for others who are also hurting and gave from their hearts to bless others. May God fill those places of hurt and of sadness with His peace.

There have been very touching stories shared and entrusted to me along the way and they have all deeply touched my heart.

Thank you for treasuring the gifts in front of you in your lives. May those be the gifts that fill your hearts with the true spirit of joy and happiness this weekend and always.

Many thanks from my most grateful heart to each and every one of yours that made this experience possible this year.

We love because He first loved us.


1 John 4:19

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is unreal!!! I'm sitting here with goosebumps looking at your picture! What an amazing blessing you are. I praise God every time I think of you! You are such a gift to those moms!! As I write this I am home with two sick kids. They've had a virus that gives them a high fever for four days. Missing work is the least of my concern right now. I have sat and monitored them with worry as they sleep. It brought me to this realization..... How hard it must have been to watch your child be sick for two months. Nothing you could do. No wounds that a dose of motrin would heal. How helpless that must feel to those moms that are facing that now. You provide a small tender gift.... With a heaping dose of prayer. Each mom who receives this gift knows this and it brings a little hope, a lot of peace. Bless you and those who contributed to this project!! It is truly wonderful!!

Much love,
Julie