Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Big Appetites

Ran into our local Walmart after school yesterday. I only needed a few things but as usual, I left with way more than was on my list. The kids were with me and asking every 30 secs. if we could buy this or that. I can't put all the blame on them though since I am notorious for not sticking to the list, and the budget. Ahem.

Budget?

I am having a hard time with this one lately. I think everyone in our house is in the midst of a growth spurt or something. All I know is this box of cereal entered our home around 5 p.m. yesterday.

We did not eat cereal for dinner last night. When cereal was on the menu for breakfast this morning, I placed this same box on the kitchen table. Imagine my surprise when I lifted out the bag to find this...



Some of you may be reading this and laughing because you have been here and done that, some of you are walking that same walk with me now, and others of you just plain and simple are not envying my grocery bill right now, a better her than me kind of laugh.

I think I may need to up my grocery shopping to 2x per week.

Anyone out there in blog land have any advice for me? Any cereal coupons?
All joking aside, I really wish I had the skills of those super coupon shopping moms without the 30-40 hours a week that they claim it takes to be successful at couponing. It isn't just cereal, it is food in general. I know, everyone tells me that it only gets worse as they get older. I guess I better get back to Walmart...

No comments: