Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Bags Update

I went to bed speechless and in awe. A few girlfriends surprised me and came over last night to help me stuff the bags, another friend helped me the night before, and there are a few more helpers scheduled to shop or come over to help stuff today.

To date, 188 bags have been stuffed and there is still more to do. It is looking very likely that we will reach a number of over 200 bags this year. This is amazing! Reaching this goal means that it is very likely that almost every mother of a child in the Children's center will get a Mother's Day bag on Sunday. I have all of you to thank. Thank you for sharing in this project with me, thank you for sharing it with your friends and family, thank you for each and every way that your hands and hearts have helped.

See, now you are speechless too.

Thank you. I am most grateful. As the tears flow, I will close and get on to getting my little ones out the door for school today, all the while giving thanks for their health. I'll be back with more updates soon.

1 comment:

mamcf0371 said...

Dear Amy,
AMAZING!
I am speechless! I can imagine how good it makes you feel to see the success in this project. You are AMAZING!

Michele