Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Few Opportunities

I went to Target today , Walmart too for that matter.
For the record, I was searching for something special for someone special...
In the end, there was success but I did have to compromise on what I set out to find. What I didn't expect to find was that SCHOOL SUPPLIES have been stocked on the shelves already. AHHH!!! I can't decide if I am excited or sad? I think I am excited about the school supplies but sad that summer is passing by so quickly!

I also had the privilege of delivering tissues to the PICU today. With the help of God and the support of many generous folks, our foundation has been able to continue to provide this comfort item to the families of the children in the PICU for the last three years. Thank you, I am humbled by your continued compassion and generosity. I would not be able to keep this donation to the PICU up without each and every person who has been a part of this mission from the start. The PICU is ever so grateful for the soft tissues and the compassion of so many! For those who may be reading and are unaware of this project, we donate the purse size tissue packs to the PICU on a regular basis. Any brand will do, but the softer the better.
Kleenex, Puffs, whatever...even the ones found at Ollies and the Dollar Store have been great. Every single donation is appreciated. I have had many people tell me that they try to pick up a pack or so as they are doing their regular shopping and then they tuck them away until they have several packs to send my way. I love hearing heartwarming stories like that from our faithful Prayer Warriors.

On that note, a friend of mine has asked me me to spread the word about another project that is well under way that will also benefit children who are patients in the hospital this upcoming holiday season. She has applied for a Pepsi-Refresh grant and if you are familiar with those, they are dependent upon the votes in the community and beyond to win the grant money. Here is the information that she sent to me. Please check out the site and vote if you can. Many children will surely smile a little easier this holiday season if you do.

Hi All,

I submitted an application to the Pepsi Refresh Project for a $5000 grant to continue my Pillow Pets for Pediatrics into the 2011 Holiday season. The project is to provide critically ill, hospitalized children with a pillow pet during the holidays. Providing comfort to children as they face the unknown truly lifts their spirits. This was very successful last holiday season (collected 250 pillow pets through generous donations). However, I want to make this an even bigger project this year touching and reaching more children then last year!. The kids LOVED them.

However, I need votes to win... I need to get in and stay in the top 20. Please take a moment to vote by clicking the link and casting your vote. http://www.refresheverything.com/pillowpetsforpediatrics
Please vote daily during the month of July. Your vote can help make this happen! Or you can text your vote to 73774, and enter 107141.

Now Go Vote! :) Thanks for your support! I was at 17, now at 31... Your vote can bring me back to the top 20!

Please spread the word to all you know, and thanks for supporting a great cause!




I finished my book ON FOLLY BEACH and loved it. Now off to read some other great books that are waiting in my library bag.

I started off having many things to say but several interupptions later and a storm or two inbetween, I am too tired to write anymore.

The rest will have to wait until another time.

No comments: