Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Swimmingly Good Time






Our family is having a super time on the Swim team again this summer! We have three swimmers registered for the team, two consistently participating, and one who is not too sure of swimming, but eagerly cheers for his siblings and teammates! We even look above for one more to help direct a straight path while swimming backstroke. We were just completely immersed in the good time to be had by our family today. Lost in the moment if you will.

There is little that I can do to change the circumstances that threaten to eat away at my soul. Today, I found the strength to respond with love and then to embrace the good that is mine today and to dare not, take it for granted. I practice what I preach my friends. I loved those near and dear to me harder and longer today. I read that one more story. I indulged their requests of my time, I took time to encourage the rooting of my gratitude for the many blessings that are gifted to me today. I prayed over that which is not in my control. I enjoyed the miracle of today but kept perspective that, not all, are able to enjoy what is mine today. My heart paused many times throughout the day to pray and to be cognisant of the suffering hearts of this world. This place leads me to the moments where the true gifts of this world can be found. The very place that can be so deep, where others are afraid to enter, where I think too much, where life is too loud at times, where it keeps me awake at night by the light of the moon desperately trying to figure it all out, where it is lonely and a place of great solitude, that place, that is where I have also found the blessings of life that just might have passed me by otherwise. My eyes are wide open and my heart well, that just follows right along! Love me or leave me, this is who I have become.

Grateful.

1 comment:

LookingforSunshine in Denver said...

I LOVE YOU EVERY DAY FOR WHO YOU ARE ON THAT DAY. DIFFERENT THEN YESTERDAY - DIFFERENT THEN TOMORROW- BUT ALWAYS LOVED AND ALWAYS MY FRIEND!