Saturday, February 7, 2009

Looking for Sunshine Today










I am sad. I am frustrated. I am missing my son more than words can describe.
I am trying to focus on the sunshine. It's hard today, the tears are flowing in a steady stream.

I was given the beautiful flowers this week by my husband and my parents. They just know me and my yellow sunshine and how much it means to me. The house needed some added sunshine this week for sure.

An amazing friend left this balloon and some tissues for the PICU on my porch. This friend is teaching me to dance in the rain. I think it goes without saying that we have encouraged one another along the way. I am so thankful for her presence in my life.

The keychain was given to me in Jeremy's stocking this Christmas and I treasure it. I carry Jeremy in my heart, always, but I love having his picture with me as we travel about from day to day. I love all of the hearts on the keychain frame itself too! Jeremy got his heart. We prayed for God's will and he fulfilled that promise. Jeremy is whole and healthy and better than he would be here on earth. Jeremy was given the perfect heart and it beats eternally now. I try to think of that when I look at this keychain.

A fellow blogger recommended the book that is pictured above. All she had to do was mention that it involved sunshine in some way and I was all over it. Have you ever folded down this many pages as you were reading a book? I haven't. It is an excellent book. I highly recommend it to anyone. The basic theme of the book is relating to Abraham. Here is an excerpt from the first chapter. "There are times in life when all of us are called upon to make heart sacrifices. Some of those sacrifices are things we choose because of a cause we believe in or a desired end that makes our decision worthwhile. However, most of us will face an "Issac Experience," when a crisis is thrust into our lives without warning and without survival instructions. Our "Issacs" are the heart sacrifices we make when we choose to relinquish control and honor God with our choices even when all seems lost. We have to decide if we will let go of our control over a person, situation, or event, or if we will hang on for dear life and refuse to relinquish something we cherish."

This book has caused me to reflect a lot upon my situation and my choices. I will post more about this later...

No comments: