Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dan Custer on Opportunity

Every morning is a fresh beginning.
Every day is the world made new.
Today is a new day.
Today is my world made new.
I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day.
This moment, this day, is as good as any moment in all eternity.
I shall make of this day, each moment of this day, a heaven on earth.
This is my day of opportunity.
-Dan Custer

Today wasn't the best of days but it was by no means was the worst. I just couldn't get things to work out right today. Not happy with the customer service that I have received thus far with my cell phone company while trying to get the phone to work as it was designed to perform. Tried a new taco seasoning mix to make tacos for dinner and it turned out way too spicy for anyone to eat. Dinner has been a disaster for the second night in a row... There is something to be said for staying true to a brand that you know and love. Good thing my kids like cereal...There was more but I won't digress into a whining entry tonight.

Not sure the impact my new word is making in my life so far this year. Today was a good day to ponder the word as I struggled to keep it all together. One of the reasons that I chose this word was because of the impact that Let Go had on my life last year. It was profound. I really wasn't ready to let go of that word...but then I realized that the lessons that I learned with One Little Word and Let Go will always be a part of me. I don't have to let go of what I learned. This year, I chose to take what I learned with LET GO and reach farther and dig deeper. I can dig deeper to see the opportunities before me each and every day, opportunities to renew my mind and to grow. To be continued...

Any more folks out there want to join me on this One Little Word Journey?
Have you settled on your word yet?
So far, a dear friend will take a journey with SIMPLIFY and another with DANCE. A few others seem interested but are still pondering just the right word for them.

As for me, I will take the opportunity to relax for a few moments. One thing did go right today, I got my hands on the next DVD of Friday Night Lights! :)

No comments: