Monday, January 31, 2011

An Off Kinda Day

Random thoughts, experiences, and memories have all collectively worked together today to cause defeat in my soul, at least for now. I give in...

A certain little person has curled up on the sofa and fallen asleep. I wish I could do the same. My thoughts are haunting me and other than that, there just really isn't time for a nap. The dismissal bell at school rings at the same time each day, whether I am ready for it or not.

I just finished a book. I am still rather pensive about the story and the thoughts shared.


The quickest way for anyone to reach the sun and the light of day is not to run west, chasing after the setting sun, but to head east, plunging into the darkness until one comes to the sunrise.

Jerry Sittser

Shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story. The Holy Spirit uses the pain of shattered dreams to help us discover our desire for God, to help us begin dreaming the highest dream. They are ordained OPPORTUNITIES for the Spirit to awaken, then to satisfy our highest dream.

Larry Crabb

We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us;
We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.

There is nothing we can do with suffering except to suffer it.

C.S. Lewis


I give in today. I will allow the hurt to exist and will resist the urge to run far, far, away. (Pain follows you wherever you go...) Dinner is made. I have done all I can do to make peace with my life. I will give in to whatever comes...and then try to go to bed early. Tomorrow is a new day. Done.

No comments: